ADVERTISING

$1936

was donated
ADVERTISING
string ? by Gimpy1340 15 years ago

Send PM

ok so i'm using embroidery floss to make my bracelets and ever time I use it it unwinds. Does anyone have a way to keep the floss from unwinding. Right now all I do is twist it back together but that still does not work. thank you.

Delete
RE: string ? by Cathelijn 15 years ago

Send PM

Maybe you can make a knot at the end of the thread. I don't know if it works.

Delete
RE: string ? by intel 15 years ago

Send PM

try not to fool around with the string that much, (twisting it, undoing it) if you got the embroidery floss from the dollar store it tends to unwind. But overall just dont twist it the opposite way it twists and it wond unwind:) hope this helps!

Delete
RE: string ? by Gimpy1340 15 years ago

Send PM

The string I use i bought from hobby lobby and i do not twist it unless it starts untwisting. I think the problem is that I have nails and when I try to separate one string from the group of strings I grab 1/2 of another string with my nails.

Delete
RE: string ? by wojo 15 years ago

Send PM

do u mean the string comes apart from the whole strand if it is try and be more careful

Delete
RE: string ? by wojo 15 years ago

Send PM

i do that a lot and to some times fix it you can keep
sliding ur fingers across the strand and it may come together easier and stay together better hope this help

Delete
RE: string ? by ambr71 15 years ago

Send PM

just keep one piece of string together

Delete
RE: string ? by emm97 15 years ago

Send PM

DMC Floss is the best brand to use. I get mine at Joann or Michaels

Delete
RE: string ? by Joy 15 years ago

Send PM

i agree. i like dmc floss the best

Delete
RE: string ? by LedChelsea 15 years ago

Send PM

I've been using stuff called Aunt Lydia's Classic Crochet thread, and that's seemed to work out fine for me. Do you guys think that floss is definitly the way to go, or do you use other things as well?

Delete
Advertisement
ADVERTISING

Reply to this thread
Before posting a new entry in the forum, please check the FAQ (your question may be answered there).
Title:
Supported BBCode [IMG][COLOR][URL][C][I][B][U][SIZE][YOUTUBE] More info...
By pressing the "Post reply" button, I agree that I have read the forum rules and that I follow them.