ADVERTISING

$1936

was donated
ADVERTISING
Protecting My Fingers? by MissOwl 12 years ago

Send PM

I recently started up tying again and I noticed that my fingers were getting really sore and iritated while I was tying. Is there anyway to stop this from happening? I really don't want to make my fingers bleed... What do you do?

Delete
RE: Protecting My Fingers? by Eevee431 12 years ago

Send PM

I've never had that problem, but maybe lotion might solve you problem. Just a suggestion.

Delete
RE: Protecting My Fingers? by Shegorules 12 years ago

Send PM

try band aids

Delete
RE: Protecting My Fingers? by mlis_d 12 years ago

Send PM

put on some lotion and try wrapping something around them when you make your bracelets!

Delete
RE: Protecting My Fingers? by MissOwl 12 years ago

Send PM

Thanks! :) I'll try a few of these

Delete
RE: Protecting My Fingers? by Jeckle 12 years ago

Send PM

If I'm going through a phase where I'm knotting like crazy, I pull so hard that the strings will literally cut my fingers. I found these things called finger protectors (they're meant to be for quilting) that cover up to the first joint on your fingers and protect them. It definitely takes some getting used to, wearing them while knotting, but now they don't phase me at all.

Delete
RE: Protecting My Fingers? by AnochiTsevah 12 years ago

Send PM

I use fabric band aids around the first joint of the fingers that the strings cuts against when I knot. I saw that it wasn't the same fingers for both hands so I recommend seeing which fingers are in contact with the string then covering those.

Delete
Advertisement
ADVERTISING

Reply to this thread
Before posting a new entry in the forum, please check the FAQ (your question may be answered there).
Title:
Supported BBCode [IMG][COLOR][URL][C][I][B][U][SIZE][YOUTUBE] More info...
By pressing the "Post reply" button, I agree that I have read the forum rules and that I follow them.