ADVERTISING

$1936

was donated
ADVERTISING
A Noob and A Diagram here XD by shiger500 14 years ago

Hi :) I'm fairly new to making things like this, I just got into friendship bracelets and doin stuff with bead looms and I would like to know...

How do you read those darn diagrams you have for those patterns?

Even though I'm new I know what the heck the arrows mean, the Forward, Backward, FB and BF (only those -_-) and, well, it's just the darn position of the diagrams!
I can tell what they're doing if I can see it in the videos or in the diagrams without the arrows, the ones that show you like one or two steps (well actually I only saw one non-arrow diagram and it worked for me for pattern number 1), but I just don't understand why they cross, why the arrows are there and how I'm supposed to construct that >_<

I get frustrated but I would like a simple explanation telling me how to crack your crazy pictures :)
thank you very much!

RE: A Noob and A Diagram here XD by Alizandria 14 years ago

Pick a pattern and I'll walk u through it. :)

RE: A Noob and A Diagram here XD by AmandaWasHere 14 years ago

They cross because those 2 strands are making the knot. Unless you're doing a FB or BF, then, the strands will switch positions. (crossing)

The arrows are there to tell you which knot is which.
/ = backward knot
\ = forward knot
/ and then \ = backward/forward knot
\ and then / = forward/backward knot

Read the pattern row by row.

RE: A Noob and A Diagram here XD by horsingaround 14 years ago

have you learned to do regular 4 knots? i learned with the stripe and chevron then found this site :) make a know so i looks like a 4 with the string making the color knot as the little bendy one. the other is the base or otherwise. the tutorials are also helpful. and just read the pattern across :) you'll be suprised u are actually doing it, i like screamed when i found out it was actually working! :)

Advertisement
ADVERTISING

You must login to reply to this thread!