ADVERTISING

$1936

was donated
ADVERTISING
Stretched out image on bracelet by Face 3 years ago

Send PM

Hi everyone, I'm making pattern #38818 (cherries) and so far the image on the bracelet looks really stretched out, especially the red part of the cherries. My knots are pretty tight, is this a tension issue? Or is this just the way bracelets usually are?

Delete
RE : Stretched out image on bracelet by halokiwi 3 years ago

Send PM

This seems to be a common issue. I rarely do alphas but I think knotting less tightly can help. You can also try to use thicker base strings or even doubling your base strings. You can also push up the knots after each row by using a ruler or something similar.

Delete
RE : Stretched out image on bracelet by kleinevos 3 years ago

Send PM

It’s normal pattern #38818 isn’t it? That’s a pattern with 1212-structure and those patterns always look stretched, you can’t really do anything about it. Have a look at this tutorial for comparison between different structures.

Delete
RE : Stretched out image on bracelet by Timtheman 3 years ago

Send PM

Wow, what great advice everyone. Way to work as a team.

Delete
RE : Stretched out image on bracelet by halokiwi 3 years ago

Send PM

Oops, I didn't check if the pattern was a normal or alpha. I just assumed it was an alpha because this is a very common issue with alphas.

Delete
RE : Stretched out image on bracelet by Face 3 years ago

Send PM

I think I fixed the issue! Thank you so much everyone!

Delete
Advertisement
ADVERTISING

Reply to this thread
Before posting a new entry in the forum, please check the FAQ (your question may be answered there).
Title:
Supported BBCode [IMG][COLOR][URL][C][I][B][U][SIZE][YOUTUBE] More info...
By pressing the "Post reply" button, I agree that I have read the forum rules and that I follow them.