ADVERTISING

$1936

was donated
ADVERTISING
Clipboards are no longer necessary! by Melaina 14 years ago

Send PM

Instead of using clipboards or writing utensils to hold down my bracelets, I'm using cardboard. To do this, I just cut out a 6"x10" piece of cardboard usually from any type of box. Then, at the top of the cardboard cut-out, I cut a slit at the top to place the starter right in the center. Don't cut too much or else you're losing valuable places to make the rest of the bracelet. Last I just cut 6-10 slits at the bottom depending on how much string you're using for that bracelet. Place a single thread into each slit. It REALLY helped me get organized when I first started out and it still helps me keep everything in line with more complex patterns. So when you start just place the starter knot behind the first slit to secure it, and then place the individual strings like you would usually let them hang!
I hope this helped anyone that needed help.

Delete
RE: Clipboards are no longer necessary! by miserablyunhip 14 years ago

Send PM

Lol I learned to make bracelets using this method when I was in 4th from watching ZOOM.

Delete
RE: Clipboards are no longer necessary! by flossfreak 14 years ago

Send PM

awesome!
i was having a really difficult time last night this will definetly help!

Delete
RE: Clipboards are no longer necessary! by MyChihuahuaBITE 14 years ago

Send PM

how do u hold the cardboard in place though?

Delete
RE: Clipboards are no longer necessary! by Unbelieber 14 years ago

Send PM

Haha Zoom was an awesome show!

Delete
RE: Clipboards are no longer necessary! by seahorse130 14 years ago

Send PM

This is an amazing method! I use it for my really big and confusing bracelets because it helps me keep track of all my strings. :)

Delete
RE: Clipboards are no longer necessary! by sparkles 14 years ago

Send PM

i don't think they're no longer necessary. i only use cardboard to START my bracelets, then i switch to a clipboard. i hate starting on a clipboard and all the threads are all messed up and not seperated :)

Delete
RE: Clipboards are no longer necessary! by fbmagic 14 years ago

Send PM

I remember zoom! That was a good show. :D

Delete
Advertisement
ADVERTISING

Reply to this thread
Before posting a new entry in the forum, please check the FAQ (your question may be answered there).
Title:
Supported BBCode [IMG][COLOR][URL][C][I][B][U][SIZE][YOUTUBE] More info...
By pressing the "Post reply" button, I agree that I have read the forum rules and that I follow them.