ADVERTISING

$1936

was donated
ADVERTISING
RE: Am I the only one who does this? by Acid 13 years ago

Send PM

When i first started i had a hook in my desk and i used to hang it in front of me and sit down to do them (I was 12 at his point). I've tried various methods over the years, the toe i used to do the toe method but When i had to have knee surgery this wasn't an option.

I've tried sticky tape and hated it, a brass ornament to hold the bracelet down (all great unless i tugged really tight) but for me i found the best thing was simply a hard back book and a bull dog clip. It means i can sit down and do them anywhere.

I only tend to used the safety pin method if I'm out and about say on a bus or round a friends place but I find it harder to use that method with the more bigger and complex patterns.
I also find with the bulldog clip it makes it easier to keep the first crucial knots straight thus it looks tidier :)

Delete
RE: Am I the only one who does this? by Scout 13 years ago

Send PM

What I do tends to differ depending on the situation. I'll usually have a pin through my pattern and just use it on my jeans, or sometimes loop it in a binder, should I be at school. However, when I'm at home, I have a thread box that I'll close the end in.

Delete
RE: Am I the only one who does this? by Bic1412 13 years ago

Send PM

I have my fishing tackle box that i keep all my threads in.. and the lid actually pops off.,.. and i use bulldog clips to hold the bracelet in place.. then when i pack up i put the lid back on (sometimes leaving the bulldog clip and bracelet inplace) and off i go!

Delete
RE: Am I the only one who does this? by Mazzy 13 years ago

Send PM

dotyrose - YAAY I always thought I was the only one who did it with my hands - good to know I'm not alone! n_n

Delete
RE: Am I the only one who does this? by bazonkerz 13 years ago

Send PM

Yes I've used my toe on many occasions! And the plastic box i keep my string in works well too.

Delete
RE: Am I the only one who does this? by foshisle 13 years ago

Send PM

i use a mini clipboard; its easier to take to school and do it on the bus, during advisory etc. i started out like seahorse130 did, with the card board, but i like clip board much better cus the card board gets all worn out. as for the tape, ive never done that

Delete

Send PM

will have to try pillow though.......

Delete
RE: Am I the only one who does this? by Gracie04 13 years ago

Send PM

I use anything... OH and foshizle I make mini clipboard out of coasters and do that sometimes... I ussually JUST use a clip board.

Delete
RE: Am I the only one who does this? by ruserious 13 years ago

Send PM

nahhh i use a clipboard lol

Delete

Send PM

@ gracie 04- how would u do that??? where do u get the cilp??? i would like to try it...

Delete
Advertisement
ADVERTISING

Reply to this thread
Before posting a new entry in the forum, please check the FAQ (your question may be answered there).
Title:
Supported BBCode [IMG][COLOR][URL][C][I][B][U][SIZE][YOUTUBE] More info...
By pressing the "Post reply" button, I agree that I have read the forum rules and that I follow them.