ADVERTISING

$1936

was donated
ADVERTISING
Alphabet Patterns by sound_techie 15 years ago

Send PM

Whenever i do alphabet patterns (like from Heather's site), I use a TON of string. and i have to add on a new string or two halfway though.
is there any way to just use the whole skein without cutting a length of it? i tried, but it's hard to hold and inconvenient.

Delete
RE: Alphabet Patterns by Tokio 15 years ago

Send PM

If you knot backwards with the shorter string and pull on the skein, the skein color should be the knot color. I don't know how to explain better. Sorry D:

Delete
RE: Alphabet Patterns by Cathelijn 15 years ago

Send PM

When I'm making a alphabet pattern, I just use the whole string (about 8 m). I just fold the string and start to knot.
You can also wrap your string around a thing you use with cross stitch. I don't know it's name. But I use that to and it works great.

Delete
RE: Alphabet Patterns by emm97 15 years ago

Send PM

the thing that Cathelijn is talking about is called a bobbin. You will probably find one in the same aisle as the embroidery floss
:)

Delete
RE: Alphabet Patterns by beerittany 14 years ago

Send PM

ok, i so want to know how to make letters. the other day my friend wanted me to spell her name but i told her i did not know how.

Delete
Advertisement
ADVERTISING

Reply to this thread
Before posting a new entry in the forum, please check the FAQ (your question may be answered there).
Title:
Supported BBCode [IMG][COLOR][URL][C][I][B][U][SIZE][YOUTUBE] More info...
By pressing the "Post reply" button, I agree that I have read the forum rules and that I follow them.