ADVERTISING

$1936

was donated
ADVERTISING
RE: Private Beta - New website by kleinevos 4 years ago

Yes, I meant the current site.
About the favorites: The user has to click on the pattern to be able to add it as favorite. A rejected pattern should still be invisible, but you say it is possible that it is visible? It also stays in favs after it is rejected? That should be fixed in the new website!

I tried, and when I add a rejected pattern as favorite ( which I can because a moderator can see rejected patterns) someone who is not logged in can see the favorite. But when clicking on it it shows the ?pattern not found?. Which is obvious because everyone but moderators should not be able to see a rejected pattern. But then you also cannot add it as favorite! I did not check that for logged in normal users, I would have to make a new account to be able to check... But I still wonder how Rocio123 could add them.

Btw, I get that this is not a priority right now. That?s ok!

RE: Private Beta - New website by Celicia 4 years ago

I have a question: especially for these cases where we have to
verify how a common user sees something, could we have a common user test account that can be managed by all moderators? In case a moderator leaves, we change the password for security. I don't know what you think? . @kleinevos I say it by your previous comment and so that there is no double account. I don't know if you find it useful?

That sounds like a good idea! And we could use the moderator mail account for it.

@Nicholas

In the current version, the photos of the kumihimo patterns are seen through the "Information" of the pattern, there is a link that leads to them.
In the new version this does not exist and I see no other way to get to the photos of each pattern. Do you plan to enable it?

PS: in the current version, in the list of kumihimo, the link that is in the patterns that have photos is wrong, leads to the gallery but not to the photos of the pattern.

I leave the link to the current pattern K96 and K96 new

Sorry! Nicolas! (no Nicholas!) :-)

RE: Private Beta - New website by fb101 4 years ago

@kleinevos : From your explanations I don't think my theory still holds. I don't know how it was possible to add the rejected pattern as a favorite for a normal user in the current website. Pattern visibility (and pretty much everything that needs approval) needs review in the new website because I didn't apply all the rules everywhere (new profile picture, new info, etc. - actually they're pretty much visible as soon as they're uploaded or changed). That'll be fixed soon and I might ask you a few questions when I'm about to work on it...

@Celicia : I'm not sure about the share account but I'll think about something that would allow you to see what normal users have access to... I'll keep that for evaluation in a v2.

I added the "link to pictures from kumihimo info" in the todo list. I don't get your last point though. "The link in the pattern that have photos" - The way I understand it is, from pattern K96 in official website, I should click the "Photos : 5" link in the "info" block and I would arrive somewhere unexpected... I arrive in the "gallery filtered for pattern K96"... Which seems to be correct... Am I misunderstanding something?

@Nicolas

On the official site, in the pattern information is the link (photos) that leads to the photos of that pattern. This works fine

But on the official site, when after a search the pattern list is displayed, the link to the photos does not lead to the pattern's photos but instead leads to the general gallery. (does not filter the pattern photos). I tell you this in case you keep it in the second version.

Link to photos of the K96 pattern from here

I tried to login via the Unknown account on privatebeta. That did not work because the mail address is not valid (unknown is the attached address).
So I wanted to login with my own account again, but now it keeps repeating that it is an invalid login attempt. Both mail address and password are valid though!

Advertisement
ADVERTISING

You must login to reply to this thread!