ADVERTISING

$1936

was donated
ADVERTISING
RE : Private Beta - New website by Celicia 21 days ago

Send PM

@Nicolas. Hi!

Is there any way to solve the issue of users who want to unsubscribe from the site? At least if the accounts cannot be deleted, we can mark them as deleted and from that, that email or username will not appear in searches? I have had a complaint again about the privacy issue because they cannot delete the account.
Thanks

Delete
RE : Private Beta - New website by fb101 19 days ago

Send PM

Hi Celicia, I'm on a big system migration this weekend at work so it will take some time before I can address the issue, but I can look into it. Did the users have any specific expectations regarding account deletion or they mentionned simply being deleted from the search would suffice?

Delete
RE : Private Beta - New website by Celicia 18 days ago

Send PM

Hi Nicolas!
They suggest deleting the account permanently for privacy reasons. I thought about removing them from the search as an alternative, although for programming reasons I don't know which is the easiest option.
What they intend is to delete the account permanently and leave as little trace as possible for privacy reasons.

Delete
RE : Private Beta - New website by kleinevos 15 days ago

Send PM

We discussed this issue years ago, maybe it was still with Stefan? He said it was impossible to delete accounts because all of the attached information, like comments, edits of tutorials, etc., would also be deleted if an account is deleted. For normal users that’s already not always a good idea, let alone for accounts that have been moderator-accounts at some point. It would mean that part of the forum, and in case of (former) moderators part of the moderator forum, would disappear.
So all I know is that it’s impossible to really delete accounts….

Delete
RE : Private Beta - New website by Celicia 15 days ago

Send PM

I understand. So at least they should not appear in searches as a way of giving some privacy to those who no longer want to participate.

Delete
RE : Private Beta - New website by Celicia 15 days ago

Send PM

I want to ask you something: can a common user access the list of all pending patterns? If so, where does he do it from?
I suppose he can't see our comments, right? I ask this because it's not the first time that halokiwi's comments have caught my attention, like the last one in this forum: https://friendship-bracelets.net/forum/thread/81445?replyId=81462#81462

Delete
RE : Private Beta - New website by kleinevos 12 days ago

Send PM

We used to have a link for normal users to the pending patterns. Only the normal patterns and not the comments. We don’t have that anymore, since the moving to the other server.
I don’t think halokiwi can see the pending patterns, they just know how they look in the pending section on their own profile page. I think that’s what they are referring to.

Delete
RE : Private Beta - New website by fb101 4 hours ago

Send PM

Hi all and sorry for the delay.

Here what could be done for allowing users to delete their profile : username would be changed to a generic one (ex: user + random number), email would be changed/anonymized and profile description would be emptied. Everything else would remain.

I think that's the best option to keep things well working on the site. I'll take a look what it requires to implement in the code.

Delete
RE : Private Beta - New website by fb101 4 hours ago

Send PM

I double checked and there is no way for users to see patterns that are pending approval unless they are the author of the pattern or an moderator/admin. The "task list" (aka list of pending pattern) is only visible by mods/admins too.

It would be possible the create the link by changing the value in the URL, but even when trying to access it directly the user will be blocked if he doesn't have the required permission so no issue there either.

Delete
Advertisement
ADVERTISING

Reply to this thread
Before posting a new entry in the forum, please check the FAQ (your question may be answered there).
Title:
Supported BBCode [IMG][COLOR][URL][C][I][B][U][SIZE][YOUTUBE] More info...
By pressing the "Post reply" button, I agree that I have read the forum rules and that I follow them.