RE : Private Beta - New website by kleinevos 2 years ago

Send PM

Nicolas??
We still can’t edit patterns……

Delete
RE : Private Beta - New website by fb101 2 years ago

Send PM

Hi all,

The pattern saving problem/thumbnail updating is solved (what was causing the "could not connect to server" message). That's the same problem again when it's happening. It's a service that shuts down on the server and I have no way to get notified when it happens...

Regarding the full page ads, that's something that annoys me as much as it annoys you. Last time our advertisers enabled this without my consent and without warning. I checked all the options available to prevent this from happening again, but it seems that they updated their system again and disregarded what I had selected. Believe me, full page ads will never be a thing on this website while I'm in charge of it. I need to run to work, but I'll check this ASAP and keep you updated (this will be done in the next 24H).

For the newsfeed, I'm think it's limited to a certain total of news displayed (100 or 200) and I didn't change it since the migration to the new server. I'll have to check this out in the code, but I'm pretty sure I could show all the news.

I'll get back to you soon team! Thanks for notifying me.

Delete
RE : Private Beta - New website by Celicia 2 years ago

Send PM

@Nicolas I don't see new accounts since day 5 (today is 8) could it be that they are not being able to do them? The last one I found is https://friendship-bracelets.net/profile/154012

Delete

Send PM

@Nicolas, I don't know if you were able to verify anything, but it just entered a new account, https://friendship-bracelets.net/profile/154013

Delete

Send PM

Hi again,

The "full page ads" situation should be resolved now. I found a missing setting.

@Celicia : from what I remember the bug "could not connect to server" only affects part of the website that need to work with some kind of images. For this reason, I don't think it would affect the user registration. I agree that not having new users for a few days & having many today is weird... I'll check tonight if there's any way I can confirm that...

Delete

Send PM

It’s good to know that the ads are gone now. And that it wasn’t intentional from your side. I hope that wasn’t one of the reasons for not getting new accounts, but there was one message in the guestbook about not being able to make a new account, so it’s most likely a bug.

Delete

Send PM

@kleinevos : I realized I didn't get back to you regarding the newsfeed. I just checked and they're still in the database (up to 2020 but not before), so they're just not accessible in the page. It's most likely like this since the website was migrated to the new server. That's something I could add with the new design.

Delete

Send PM

What I meant was that there’s one long list now, instead of more pages. At the end of the list there’s no number you can click on to go back further. That wasn’t like that, and I’m pretty sure it changed recently.

Delete

Send PM

@Nicolas: we haven't received new accounts for almost two days (they were coming in every day) and the thumbnails of the normal patterns in the admin task have not been shown since day 11. (this is on Android in case it was important)

Delete

Send PM

I think we need to send him a mail again. I don’t think he’ll read this here soon…

Delete
Advertisement
ADVERTISING

Reply to this thread
Before posting a new entry in the forum, please check the FAQ (your question may be answered there).
Title:
Supported BBCode [IMG][COLOR][URL][C][I][B][U][SIZE][YOUTUBE] More info...
By pressing the "Post reply" button, I agree that I have read the forum rules and that I follow them.